Is your bathroom full of unused self-care items that you just don’t need anymore? Chances are many of them are still usable. Why not put them to use and do good in this time of uncertainty. You’ll feel good about not throwing away perfectly acceptable products while helping others.
Empty your bathroom cabinets of small and travel-size items you’ve collected from hotels, department stores, and airlines. Create Hygiene-To-Go Bags to donate to organizations such as The Salvation Army, Operation Care and Comfort, or local homeless or women’s shelters in your community.
Here’s how it works:
- Sort all items by type, including surplus women’s sanitary items you no longer need and pack a gallon sized, re-closable bag with as many individual, unused items as you can fit. Even a few bags are worth your time!
- Include a variety of items–whatever you have, such as unscented* soap, shampoo, conditioner, sewing kit, razors/cartridges, body lotion, dental supplies, tampons/pads, etc.
- Never pack items that are opened or have leaked.
- Toss items you’d never use, are more than half-used, or expired. Old lotions, shampoos, and skin care products do go bad!
- Create a travel bag for yourself so you’ll be ready to go for your next trip!
*Scented items can cause allergic reactions for some individuals or may leak scents into other donated items such as food.