Did you know?
- Nearly one quarter of all adults say they pay bills late (and thus incur fees) because they lose them.
- The average American woman spends 55 minutes every day looking for things.
- It costs an average of $10 per square foot to store items in your home.
- So-called “crisis” purchases or fees related to disorganization can cost as much as 15-20% of your annual budget including buying duplicates of misplaced or broken items, last minute shopping at higher prices and extra interest and finance charges.
- Realtors regard “first impression” improvements such as de-cluttering closets to be one of the best ways to speed the sale of a home and fetch a better price.
- Cleaning professionals say that getting rid of excess clutter would eliminate 40 percent of the housework in an average home.
- On average about 80% of a home’s clutter is a result of disorganization not lack of space.
Statistics courtesy of the National Association of Professional Organizers